Connexion  •  M’enregistrer

B24 Marquain

Cet espace est consacré aux forces aériennes de toute nationalité et aux opérations aériennes durant la Seconde Guerre Mondiale
MODÉRATEUR:coyote

B24 Marquain

Nouveau message Post Numéro: 1  Nouveau message de PHILSAVE  Nouveau message 31 Aoû 2012, 12:02

Quelqu'un aurait il entendu parler d'un B24 crashé à Marquain en 1944.Il est cité dans le livre "Tournai sous les bombes" de Y.Gahide.
Merci de votre aide,

Phil

Voir le Blog de PHILSAVE : cliquez ici

Re: B24 Marquain

Nouveau message Post Numéro: 2  Nouveau message de Marc_91  Nouveau message 31 Aoû 2012, 18:50

::dubitatif:: Ca pourrait être celui-là ... Tu as d'autres détails ou d'autres candidats ???

42-94773
(445th BG, 701st BS, *Our Gal Sal*) suffered mechanical failure during raid on Munich Jul 11, 1944 and was hit by AAA on return trip. Crashlanded in field near near Tournai, Belgium and 8 of 9 crew members made POW.
One escaped. MACR 6941.
Source = http://www.joebaugher.com/usaf_serials/1942_5.html

Voir aussi http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=24638 ... Je pense à toi cette nuit pour le R-31.

P.S. : Voir aussi http://www.conscript-heroes.com/escapel ... -House.htm ; Froyenne touche Marquain, non ???

S/Sgt James M Wagner (#1870) (Tail gunner of B-24 42-94773 Our Gal Sal) We crash-landed on 11 July (1944) near FROYENNES (2 miles NW of Tournai). The pilot tried to burn the plane and we all scattered. I ran to a house and a Frenchman there took me to the attic of a convent. He brought me a passport and a bicycle, then rode with me to LEERS-NORD (8 miles NW of Tournai). I stayed a month with ALFRED VAN WHUYS and a lady named THERESE. I worked on the farm of LEON DE CONTE (20) who had been a saboteur in Normandy and was then working as a terrorist. There were regular checks by the Gestapo. Here I filled out a form for the underground. The wife of a gendarme warned me to leave town, so I was taken to TEMPLEUVE where I stayed with the GUILBERT family for five days. The GUILBERTS had a daughter named ANNIE. My helpers gave me a Portuguese passport to replace my first one. Sgt Harry Blair [#1849] was also hiding at this house. We were told we would be evacuated by air. One day a man and a woman came in an automobile [FETISOFF & Mme WATTEAU] to take us to Bruxelles. We went through Mons where we picked up an English evader [Mason 2623]. In Bruxelles we went to 16 Rue de la Foret (sic) where we remained eight days. Here we met Sgt Spence [#1856] Sgt Holcomb [#1858] and two Russians.
When we arrived, we were introduced to several people and taken upstairs. There was no cause for suspicion. The people here were : EMILY – the cook, a homely person who wore horn-rimmed glasses. A very beautiful lady of about thirty-eight [GIRALT/DINGS] possibly GEORGE'S wife. Junior [SERGE] an overgrown kid of about fourteen, dark haired, surly. Called the lady "mother". GEORGE [DEZITTER aka George WINTER] a well travelled man, about 5ft 6ins, with dark grey hair, thick glasses and a dark complexion. He never wore a hat, and was well-dressed although his coats were long and his pants baggy. He spoke English and claimed to be a Belgian. A tall, dark, very handsome man who spoke Russian and supervised our meals [GRISTCHENKO]. Junior said he was George's wife's brother.There were a number of pets here – a police dog, two Scottish terriers, a wire-haired terrier and a black cat. For this reason we later referred to this set-up as the dog house.
Later : The White Army told us that they had rounded up the entire ring that had been betraying Allied evaders. They said that GEORGE was a captain in the Gestapo and that he was in St Gilles prison in Bruxelles. It was our opinion that the original helpers had turned us over to the Gestapo (sic) organization in good faith, thinking that it was a bona-fide proposition and a good chance to get us to Switzerland. (MIS-X #1870 Wagner account)
. . Image. . . . . .Image . . . Image
"Chacun est responsable de tous. Chacun est seul responsable. Chacun est seul responsable de tous." - Saint-Exupéry, "Pilote de Guerre", 1940-42

vétéran
vétéran

Région: Beauce
Pays: France

Voir le Blog de Marc_91 : cliquez ici

Nouveau message Post Numéro: 3  Nouveau message de PHILSAVE  Nouveau message 31 Aoû 2012, 19:07

Ca pourrait être lui.J
B24 MARQUAIN.jpeg
B24 MARQUAIN.jpeg (141.49 Kio) Vu 2055 fois
e n'ai qu'une photo de l'épave.C'est un crash landing.
Il y a un autre B24 en 1944 à Orcq.Tous évadé(???)

Phil

Nouveau message Post Numéro: 4  Nouveau message de Marc_91  Nouveau message 31 Aoû 2012, 19:10

Celui d'Orcq, c'est celui-là aussi : http://forum.armyairforces.com/B24-Land ... 44362.aspx

C'est ce que j'étais en train de vérifier.

P.S. encore ... Voir http://www.network54.com/Forum/183581/t ... 4-+Belgium ; ;) tu as des coordonnées en Belgique.
. . Image. . . . . .Image . . . Image
"Chacun est responsable de tous. Chacun est seul responsable. Chacun est seul responsable de tous." - Saint-Exupéry, "Pilote de Guerre", 1940-42

vétéran
vétéran

Région: Beauce
Pays: France

Voir le Blog de Marc_91 : cliquez ici

Nouveau message Post Numéro: 5  Nouveau message de PHILSAVE  Nouveau message 31 Aoû 2012, 19:38

Je crois que tu as tout bon.
Merci,

Phil

Nouveau message Post Numéro: 6  Nouveau message de PHILSAVE  Nouveau message 01 Sep 2012, 09:58

D'après les documents allemand (KU) joints au MACR, le zinc s'est crashé à 3 Km West de Tournai, donc plus près de Orcq que de Marquain.
Dans le même coin,à Ramegnies-Chin, un B24 c'est posé sur ses roue en hiver 44/45, mais je n'en sait pas plus.

Phil

Connexion  •  M’enregistrer

Retourner vers L'AVIATION DE GUERRE

• SUR LE MEME THEME DANS LE FORUM ...
    Réponses
    Vus
    Dernier message

► Les 10 Derniers Posts du jour Date Auteur
    dans:  Quiz suite - 7 
Hier, 23:04
par: Prosper Vandenbroucke 
    dans:  Sombre personnage: Sergent SS Paul Groth 
Hier, 23:00
    dans:  Les Feux de la rampe 2.0 : Épaves de guerre (1936-1945) 
Hier, 22:46
par: Gaston 
    dans:  « La dernière rafale » 
Hier, 20:56
    dans:  Masters of the Air, la nouvelle série de Tom Hanks et Steven Spielberg 
Hier, 17:30
par: iffig 
    dans:  L'armée polonaise 1939-1945 
Hier, 16:53
    dans:  Fort du Hackenberg - A19 - Septembre 1939 
Hier, 15:50
par: F1-156 
    dans:  Les Feux de la rampe 2.0 : La guerre en Indochine, 1 er septembre 1939/14 septembre 1956. 
Hier, 14:07
    dans:  Werhmacht 1940. La Heer et ses uniformes. 
Hier, 14:04
    dans:  Chandos Publications : un nouveau titre. 
Hier, 10:58
par: Loïc Charpentier